At Milwee Middle School we aspire to produce young successful citizens who are ready to meet the challenges and changes of the 21st century.
As a pre-engineering magnet school, students at Milwee Middle School advance through a curriculum that features a creative and innovative programthat centers on math and science investigation and discovery. Designed to meet the needs of all students, classes develop critical and analytical thinking skills that prepare students to succeed in an educationally rich environment. Exposure to the world of engineering comes through academics and electives. The hands-on approach of the magnet program adds rigor to electives and relevance to traditional academics.
The magnet program provides:
- Emphasis on hands-on, real world projects; basic design principles and related concepts; critical thinking skills; and problem-solving skills
- Project Lead the Way (PLTW) is a program component that allows students to explore courses in Design and Modeling; The Magic of Electrons; The Science of Technology; Automation and Robotics; and Flight and Space
- Challenging competitions such as SECME, Lego League, and Science Olympiad
- Video Game Design, Web Design, Orthographic Drawing
- Artificial Intelligence and Mobile Robotics
- Opportunity to earn high school credits in algebra, geometry, and Spanish I
Milwee also offers preparation for the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program at Seminole High School. The Seminole County Public Schools Pre-IB Preparatory Program* offers an extensive course of study in math, science, foreign language, social studies and language arts--with an emphasis on independent study, in-depth learning and accelerated curriculum requirements. Eighth grade students who complete the SCPS Pre-IB Preparatory Program at Miwee Middle School and submit an application during the application period for the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program are guaranteed admission.
*Seminole County Public Schools Pre-IB Preparatory Program was designed by and for Seminole County Public Schools and is not affiliated with the International Baccalaureate Organization.
Students who complete eighth grade at Milwee Middle School and submit an application during the application period to the
Institute for Engineering at Lyman High School are guaranteed admission.*
For more information, please visit our school’s Web site:
Milwee Middle School
map and driving directions
The application period for middle school magnet programs is in the fall preceding the next school year. If there are more students applying than there are openings available, student assignment is made by random selection. All students who reside in Seminole County and have successfully completed the fifth grade are eligible to apply.